Clan NoHW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Clan NoHW

Clan NoHW Forum

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[TUTORIAL]How to use The Banlist?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sir_PostsALoT
Admin
Admin
Sir_PostsALoT

Number of posts : 321
Battle.net Name : UnExiledBrandy
Registration date : 2008-05-19

[TUTORIAL]How to use The Banlist? Empty
PostSubject: [TUTORIAL]How to use The Banlist?   [TUTORIAL]How to use The Banlist? EmptySun Jul 27, 2008 11:14 pm

hm... some ppl asked for help, so i decided to create this topic

At first you should do the essential settings:

• Create an account on Banlist.nl

[TUTORIAL]How to use The Banlist? Signupja3

• Banlist.nl Settings

Now you can change your password. Note it, i forgot it twice =)

Add people for sharing your banlist... you can check "Share list with everyone" if you want to.
    Now add people you want to downloading their banlists:

[TUTORIAL]How to use The Banlist? Settingsdownloadio7

More posts about how to use the Banlist itself will follow soon...
For any Questions please open a new topic or pm me!

Last edited by Sir_PostsALoT on Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://clan-nohw.forumotion.com
Sir_PostsALoT
Admin
Admin
Sir_PostsALoT

PostSubject: Re: [TUTORIAL]How to use The Banlist?   [TUTORIAL]How to use The Banlist? EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 8:44 pm

Part II:

How to use the Banlist Program?

well, at first you should do some essential settings, like the settings for sharing banlistst over the banlist.nl server (after creating a account like described above)

• Banlist Online List Settings

For usage of the Banlist.nl server services, just check the two entries on top.
    If you want to use the service, you got to set your Account and its Password created before.

[TUTORIAL]How to use The Banlist? Banlistsettingsonlinelixo2

• Anti Download and Auto Kick

To enable Anti Download just check the box "Enable Anti Download"
    If you want to whisp every player who joins the game downloading, you can enable the Wisp option, but it may cause extreme flooding and disables your chat.

To enable Auto Kick you got to add keywords, these keywords should appear in the bans you created before. so you can kick a player banned as leaver before automatically.
    I personally added the ban "leaver", "noob" and "bitch", because i banned some players with those keywords.

...more will follow soon...
Back to top Go down
Sir_PostsALoT
Admin
Admin
Sir_PostsALoT

PostSubject: Re: [TUTORIAL]How to use The Banlist?   [TUTORIAL]How to use The Banlist? EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 10:33 pm

Part III:

How to ban a leaver the easiest way?

ok... this is a little description, how to ban a leaver like me:

Before you can use the /banlast command, you got to do those settings...

1. Go to Preferences/Custom Comments and add a Comment with the variables on the right.
F. e.: Keyword = leaver / comment template = Leaver - $gametitle - $year-$month-$day - $ratio - Host = $hostname
You can use other variables like §nick, or you can add the realm ($realm)

2. Go to Preferences/Miscallaneous and check the box on top called "Default /banlast comment:" and add "/leaver" right after.

Now you can ban in games leavers with the easy /banlast command, you can use the /ban >reason< command furthermore.

Part IV:

How to enable the Autorefresher?

Ok, make sure you got the Banlist beta built 210. If not, use the following instructions to get it, if you got the beta, just ignore this and jump forward.

You can get the beta executable here Exclamation. Extract the executable and replace the old wc3banlist.exe in you install directionary.
Now your beta should work fine! =)

Back to the Autorefresher... Go to Preferences/Miscellaneous and check the box on the bottom called "Enable automatic game refresh".
For interval you should use a value between 15 and 30 seconds, you should make your own experiences.

Part V:

Balist Phrases and Hotkeys

Go to Preferences/Phrases. Here you can add some phrases, repeated by banlist after using the phrase commands. it works like custom commands on stealthbot.

In this example we add a hotkey for oncam and offcam.
At first we got to create the oncam phrase, so just hit the "+" on top, fill in a name like "oncam" and go down to "Text to be written".
The trick is, to use empty lines, means ENTER. hm... just insert empty line, "-oncam", empty line

[TUTORIAL]How to use The Banlist? Hotkeyshf7

The same for the "offcam" command.

Now, to use the hotkeys you got to set the hotkey buttons. Right click on the "oncam" phrase, and go to "Assign Hotkey", my personally setting for the -oncam command is F4, so i dont neet to look on my keyboard.
For the offcam commands i use F5.

...more will follow soon...
Back to top Go down
Sir_PostsALoT
Admin
Admin
Sir_PostsALoT

PostSubject: Re: [TUTORIAL]How to use The Banlist?   [TUTORIAL]How to use The Banlist? EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 11:33 pm

Part VI:

How to use the local database?

well, the Database section is pretty easy...
for example i show you how to find number of times you played with someone or you just want to watch the replay of the game you were playing with this other player.

so... you can use the search feature... like this:

[TUTORIAL]How to use The Banlist? Gamesqf0

...same for the scores section, if you want to keep some player counts noticed.

Part VII:

How to use the Warcraft III Game Snooping Section?

This section is changing during a game or right after. Here you can get some information about the game, the players, you can create some new bans and you can reserve slots in your game.

[TUTORIAL]How to use The Banlist? Snoopingio8

...you can rerve a slot for a specific person by using the /reserve <name> command.

Try a right click on one person and you will get some options what to do, like ban, ping etc...

If you are not satisfied or need some further information, please create a new topic in the Technical Section Forum or send a PM.
I'm sorry for the careless posting, but i was tired while creating all the posts =)
If any Links or pictures are out of date, I wont replace them until someone asks for it.
All pictures taken with UltraSnap PRO Trial Edition.
Back to top Go down
Sir_PostsALoT
Admin
Admin
Sir_PostsALoT

PostSubject: Re: [TUTORIAL]How to use The Banlist?   [TUTORIAL]How to use The Banlist? EmptySat Sep 13, 2008 5:45 pm

Part VIII:

How to use Autokick?

...well, to use Autokick first you should define the requirements to "auto-kick"

[TUTORIAL]How to use The Banlist? Autoki11

...so add an value like "leaver" who should be autokicked then, check the box "local banlist" and "server banlist" if you want to use it for autokick.
You even can define, wich Buddies Banlists should be checked or not by adding or deleting some specific name. If you use the *, everyone from every banlist will be kicked then.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [TUTORIAL]How to use The Banlist?   [TUTORIAL]How to use The Banlist? Empty

Back to top Go down

[TUTORIAL]How to use The Banlist?
Page 1 of 1